As population and economic growth increase the demand for power, the infrastructure to deliver it is aging and declining. Our power professionals offer the expertise and resources to provide full lifecycle support for the utility industry, from permitting and planning to design and construction. Whether the development of new infrastructure or the rehabilitation and replacement of existing systems, we are ready to meet the power industry’s need for resilient and efficient facilities.
At the core of our services is power engineering for substations, transmission, and distribution systems. Many of our professionals are veterans of the industry, giving us the expertise to meet your need for dependable, mission-critical services. We also have experience with storm hardening of power delivery systems that incorporate resiliency measures intended to withstand weather challenges and protect assets.
When it comes to project delivery, Gannett Fleming has an excellent track record of teaming with contractors to provide complete engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and design-build services. No matter the application, we have the ability to handle large-scale projects and meet system reliability and performance goals.
The growing demand for power puts pressure on the industry for reliable, safe, and efficient operations. Through integrated power solutions, we help clients meet these challenges.
Bringing best-in-class technical services, we are your partner for challenging power delivery services. We rely on our knowledge of substations, transmission lines, and distribution systems, as well as experience in all phases of high-, medium-, and low-voltage power distribution systems, to provide a full range of power delivery services that protect against today’s failure risks with an eye on future needs. With every project, we take great pride in our standard of quality and our record of safety—values we know utility clients share.
Gannett Fleming continues to meet our clients’ growing demand for renewable energy sources. Our portfolio of renewable projects includes two of the largest “mega-scale” solar projects in the U.S., as well as wind, geothermal, and alternative fuel projects. We also offer expertise in the planning, permitting, design, and construction of hydropower dams, as well as dam safety engineering and security services. To deliver the best in renewable technology and services, we remain current with evolving state and federal guidelines. With each project, we are committed to minimizing environmental impacts and maximizing safety.
As a multidisciplinary firm, we have the full breadth of expertise to support your power projects. Our specialties include:
- Construction services, including EPC
- Electrical system analysis to ensure optimum functionality and dependability
- Environmental services to minimize impacts and keep projects moving forward
- Geographic information technology solutions for improved asset management and business performance
- Instrumentation and control solutions to optimize performance
- Security services to protect and minimize risk
- Depreciation services to reduce the risk of incomplete capital recovery.
Vital to the success of any power project are highly
qualified professionals. Our subject matter experts offer:
- Specialized experience in the mining, industrial, and utility industries
- A proven track record of repeatedly providing successful power delivery and generation projects
- An unwavering commitment to quality, safety, and efficiency.
Transmission and Distribution
- Construction management
- Environmental impact studies and permitting
- Load studies
- Overhead and underground system upgrades
- Profiling based on terrain survey using PLS CADD
- Project clearances
- Sag, thermal, and mechanical loading
- Siting and routing selection and analysis
- Staging and constructability reviews
- Surveying and geographic information system services
- System design, including steel monopole, lattice tower, and wood pole line
- Underground cable expertise—oil filled and dielectric up to 345 kilovolt (kV)
- Underground conduit system design (ductbank and direct buried)
- Value engineering.
- AC/DC station power
- Air and gas insulated
- Arc flash studies (NFPA-70E)
- Blast wall design
- Circuit breaker (SF6, OCB) replacements
- Communication systems interface and fiber optic systems
- Geotechnical evaluations
- Grading and grounding plans
- Major equipment and construction specifications
- Operating manuals and commissioning
- Outdoor enclosed switchgear
- Physical design and layout
- Protective relay design and modifications
- Site acquisition, selection, and grounding
- Structural foundations and fabrication details
- Substation automation and SCADA systems
- Transformer replacements.
Solar and Wind
- Electrical and structural design
- Environmental assessment
- Construction cost estimating, specifications, and overview
- Design and construction standards
- Inter-tie design and coordination
- Material tabulation and inventory control
- Noise analysis
- Operation and maintenance
- Planning studies
- Site selection, right-of-way, and easement assistance
- Survey and soil boring
- System voltage and load analysis.
- Concrete, earth, and rockfill dam design and rehabilitation
- Dam safety program development and audits/assessments
- Dam safety training
- Emergency action plans and exercises
- Environmental analysis and planning
- Fish passage facilities
- Geologic and geotechnical investigations
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Instrumentation, control, and automation systems
- Inundation mapping and hazard evaluation
- Mechanical, electrical, and structural design
- Security assessments and plans for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission licensees
- Stability and seepage analysis.
© 2017 Gannett Fleming, Inc. | All rights reserved.